Thursday 3 September 2015

Task Two: The media


Summer Preparation work

My name is Jack FitzGerald, I am sixteen years old and I am currently doing AS media at Orleans Park Sixthform. I have been shaped dramatically by the media as it is in my every day life, from my phone to my laptop to my TV.   I am a big fan of Apple apps such as Instagram and Snapchat as it allows me to connect with friends and family and see what they are up to.

TV shows are also another type of media that I love as I use apps such as Netflix and Now TV to watch programmes regularly and I enjoy this as I can watch shows one after another such as Prison Break, Breaking Bad and Heroes. Over the summer I have watched Orange Is The New Black, Pretty Little Liars and suits and although I loved all these shows it did take up a lot of time over my summer as I could have been doing something more productive which is why I think at times social media can be affecting the lives of young people like me as it can make young people become very lazy nevertheless it allowed me to see what my friends were up to over the summer.

There is not much I hate about the media as in my opinion it benefits everyone to a certain extent because my iPhone benefits me, it allows me to quickly find out whats happening around the world with only a couple of taps of my finger. However I do believe people my age use social media too much and it takes over their lives but that is only a minority of teenagers.

To me the media is all about a connection that everyone can have with each other, it is a way of finding out new information and connecting with friends and family and sharing memories.

Jack FitzGerald

 

No comments:

Post a Comment